Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Frank Bee

Chapter Twelve

Frank Bee

My grandfather, Frank Bee, was interested in coastal shipping and the fishing industry.

My father, Frank Cecil, was educated at Heretaunga College (now Hereworth). He took a keen interest in sport and was associated with the Pirates Rugby Club during the Brownlie era.

On leaving school I commenced work at Richardson and Co, Port Ahuriri (Napier). At a later date I went into the importing field.

My son, Frank David, is married and works with Direct Transport. Shirley, my daughter, is married and has twin daughters.

Frank Bee
Auckland

The Richardson Shipping Co., was registered as a public company in 1899 with a capital of £30,000. The Directors were F.W. Morris, G.M. Morris and F. Bee. Frank Bee was appointed Managing Director, he had bought the shares of Mr Richardson in 1895.

At this time the company's fleet was comprised of the following ships —Toaro, Kahu, Fanny, Weka, Fairy and the lighters Maid of the Mill, Why Not and Agnes Martin.

Mr Frank Bee retired from service in 1907 He continued to serve as a director until his death in 1912.

George Bee
Greenmeadows (HB)


No comments:

Post a Comment